Every medical facility performs lateral patient transfers on a daily basis. There are many types of devices used to perform these transfers including patient slider boards, patient roller boards and our unique EZ-Tranz Gold Transfer Board. Lateral patient transfers occur for a variety of reasons including:
- Elderly patients that find it difficult to walk or move about.
- Patients with disabilities that impair their movement.
- Patients that are under anesthetic a or unconscious.
There are a variety of tools at the disposal of medical professionals to perform this transfer. The tool shown on this page is the patient slider board. They are a simple High density polyethylene constructed board that is 3/16″ thick. They are smooth on both sides to make it easier to slide the patient on the surfaces you are transferring to or from. The smooth surface makes them easy to clean and disinfect. Handle holes are cut in around the edge of the board. With many different locations, it ensures that medical professionals can get a handle that is best suited to slide the patient. The patient transfer slider board is available in 3 different sizes.
- A standard half length measuring 22″ wide x 33″ long that is quick and easy to grab and use in many situations.
- The standard full length measures 22″ wide x 72″ long and is designed for full patient support and provides the most comfort for the patient.
- The bariatric width slider measures 32″ wide x 72″ long and is designed for larger patients or in situations where the 22″ width just does not do the job.
It is very important to use safe patient transferring guidelines and to ensure you have adequate personnel to perform a transfer before you begin. The patient transfer slider is an entry level slider and is affordable enough for most facilities. Make sure you pair it with a Patient Slider Wall Rack to ensure your investment is protected and that it is clean and ready for use whenever the need may arise.